I took the bait. I received this tag from the Raw Reformer Green Gela Gal herself, Angela Stokes. Here is my list of 5 things you never knew about me:
1. I have no natural hair on my armpits.
2. I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do from Yueng Cheung Tae Kwon Do Academy in Toronto, but really it is only a brown belt. I have been telling people it’s a black belt for years but it is only a brown belt. Does that count as 2? I credit this 3 year period with the foundation of my physical self in all endeavors. I am able to master almost any sport after this fantastic education in strength, dexterity, agility, flexibility and respect.
3. I ran off with my boyfriend (who encouraged me to sleep with other men?!?) when I was 15 years old for a summer to Banff Alberta Canada. I did ask my parents first. They said no. I went anyway. We drove out in his Honda Civic, got jobs, camped in the campground and did some touring. I returned to live with my family in a different house, different school and different neighborhood that was very close to where Paul Bernardo (one of Canada’s first serial killers) was living.
4. I skipped grade 4 and was a year and a half ahead before I quit school at 16 yrs old. I finished High School at alternative schools and night school in Toronto while living in a downtown warehouse in the early eighties and playing in an all girl alternative/almost punk band that made it’s debut performance at the Turning Point in TO. We used to talk our way into clubs ( I saw DOA, Psychedelic Furs, John Cage, Flipper, The Slits ect. ect. at various venues) and tried to get guys to buy us drinks – back then it actually worked or maybe I am just getting older. Just kidding, I am constantly getting hit on by guys half my age, no worries in that dept. unless you are talking about serious relationships …..
5. I went out with a guy who lived on top of a pile of pumice and another guy who was arrested for punching a guy who heckled him while protesting solo with a homemade sign against gay rights in front of the legislature and another one who was a French aristocrat who disdained everything and was very good at little scowls and penetrating stares and another one….
Here are my tags:
Stay tuned for my next articles: What’s Wrong with Americans; My Political Views; The Raw Charity Poll.
Consider donating: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=VN8YF92DQ2TBG